Since its establishment in 1948, Sullivan Mountjoy, PSC has represented insurance companies and their insureds throughout Kentucky in defending all types of claims. This includes defense of claims for damages for personal injuries, death and other losses resulting from negligence, intentional conduct, strict liability, condition of premises, defective construction, employee injuries, and workers’ compensation.
Using this skill and experience, Sullivan Mountjoy, PSC, has assisted its insurance clients in early assessment of a case to determine if the claim can be promptly resolved through negotiation, or if a matter must be aggressively defended and litigated through trial, and appeal if necessary. Throughout the matter, even before a lawsuit is filed, Sullivan Mountjoy, PSC, assists its insurance clients in assessing the case and making informed decisions on handling the case.
Our firm also represents insurance companies in evaluating and litigating disputes over whether the policy provides coverage to the insured or the asserted claim, and defending bad faith and unfair claims settlement practices asserted against insurance companies.
When litigation is inevitable, Sullivan Mountjoy, PSC, brings its skill and years of experience to bear to zealously represent the client and present all defenses available to achieve the best result for the client through discovery, motion practice, and, if necessary, trial, and appeal.
Our attorneys have defended cases in numerous counties throughout Kentucky in both state courts and federal courts, as well as the Kentucky Court of Appeals, the Kentucky Supreme Court, and the United States Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit.
Sullivan Mountjoy, PSC, represents clients in various types of insurance defense claims, including:
- Automobile liability
- Trucking liability
- Premises liability
- Products liability
- Construction defect liability
- Employment practices liability (including discrimination and other civil rights claims)
- Professional liability (including medical and legal malpractice claims)
- Business torts
- Insurance coverage and bad faith defense
- Evaluation and resolution of claims before litigation
- Administrative hearings
- Litigation and jury trials in state and federal courts throughout Kentucky
- Appeal of cases to the Kentucky Court of Appeals, Kentucky Supreme Court, and United States Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit
Frequently Asked Questions
- Federated Insurance Company
- Trident Insurance Company
- Philadelphia Indemnity Insurance Company
- GE Insurance Solutions/GE Medical Protective Co.
- American National Property & Casualty Co.
- Associated General Contractors/Self Insurers Fund